Have you ever noticed how certain spending patterns can be early indicators of fraud? For example, I worked on a case where a string of small transactions flagged a client’s account, ultimately leading to identifying a much larger scheme. I’m curious to hear about any unusual red flags you’ve spotted in your work.
it’s so true! I once flagged a client’s account after noticing several $5 to $10 charges that seemed random, and it spiraled into a massive embezzlement case. It’s wild how those small transactions can be such a big indicator.
I totally get what you mean about those small transactions being early indicators. It drives me nuts when they slip under the radar. I’ve seen similar patterns, especially with recurring $2.99 charges.
I’ve definitely seen how those recurring charges can fly under the radar… In one case, I flagged a bunch of similar $1.99 charges that turned out to be linked to a larger fraud scheme. Have you ever thought about how often we overlook them until it’s too late?
But i’ve seen how seemingly harmless subscriptions can hide bigger issues too. Once, a client had a bunch of low-cost gym memberships that were being used as a front for diverting funds. Makes you wonder what else might be lurking in plain sight! @c_barnes23, have you found any odd subscription services that raised your eyebrows?